Tuesday, July 26, 2011

'Tis the season for venting

Could be that I just feel crappy(seriously considering surgery at this point!) or could be the weather(once again, 75% plus humidity) or could be that idiots abound?

Double Standard:
As defined by the illustrious Merriam-Webster dictionary:
:a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another(or oneself--I added that part).

It's interesting the stuff that people put out on the web in a childish attempt to provoke or even more childish game of one-up-man-ship. At times it feels like you're dealing with kindergartners. That's the reason I didn't go into teaching, just not the patience for that type of behavior, but it's even more irritating when you see it, in supposedly, mature grownups.

My suggestion-rather then continually spitting out nonsense, you might do best to take a look at the double standard you are creating. Though having given this suggestion, I might be shooting myself in the foot. As in, I've been the great beneficiary of a person's confusing and rude attempt to provoke. So, never mind, keep the double standard going, because here, WYSIWYG. No hidden agendas, no provoking, though sad that the above behavior has created an image for an entire group of innocent individuals.

Later gators....
C

No comments: