Sunday, April 6, 2008

ARK

I promised Meredith that this weekend I would rent a few movies. So after getting our taxes done(YEAH!), we took the boys on a walkie to Petsmart then stopped by the video store. She had her mind set on Xmen-the kid is comic book crazy and loves all the Batman, Xmen and Spiderman movies. Yes she is indeed a pretty little girl, but I think her big brother has tainted her a little. So she grabbed the first Xmen movie, I got Martian Child(highly recommend) and Pride and Prejudice(the one with Kiera Knightly). I'm going out and buying P & P this week as I love Jane Austin movies. Meredith also got Evan Almighty. I'd seen bits on TV when they played it, so after my shower, while still dressed as the Towel Lady, I sat down with my toast and tea, continually told Click to move out of the way and watched the movie with her.

Through out our daily lives, we do things we should, or shouldn't or have the "wish I had" moments or even worse, the "wish I hadn't" moments. We either learn from them or get more sullen and resentful about our lives. Then there are those moments within our lives where we do something for nothing. No gain on our part intended. No wishing for things in return. Evan and God talked about it in the movie and called it ARK or Act of Random Kindness. Whoa, hold it there, kind of like a V8 moment-what have I done lately that fits that bill?

In our day to day wanderings, similar to Click and her ever present pacing, we will run into situtations that ask us to step outside of ourselves, out of a comfort zone or heavens, that we grow as a person. What do you do when presented with that? Is the first thought in your mind, what's in it for me? How is this going to affect me? Is this really something that I should do? Do you question yourself over and over. letting precious time slip away? Yes at times I do wonder if this is really something God wants me to be doing. At yes I admit that there are times I wonder the ramifications of the action I take. What I do know though, is that regardless of the act, that God only places before me things that I can handle as long as I trust in him to help me along the way. If I for once, misjudge His intentions by not trusting in him, then that's when I get the pie in the face.

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. . ." (1 Chronicles 28:20).

That one act of kindness is not to be planned, well thought out and you have your boyscout backpack there to solve all the issues along the way. Random is just that-it happens with out notice. It's up to you to take up that load and go forth with it, with the only knowledge that your one little Act of Random Kindness is one more step in making this world a better place for all of us. It's not about keeping score-God doesn't keep score. He looks for honesty in your actions, He looks for faith in your dependence on him and He looks for truth that you are doing the right thing.

ARK- one small step, one small leap, one giant growth in heart and soul for all of us. So take the challenge this week. Don't plan it just take it as it is presented to you. Let me know how it feels and how your ARK is surviving the flood.

Later gators.....
C

No comments: