Monday, September 17, 2012

Really?

I don't know.  Weekends are great but packing so  much to do in such a little time frame, I need either a longer day, or a longer weekend.

Saturday dawned with us each going different directions.  Alec off to help Grandpa--the footings got poured and now time for the 2 x 6's.  The rest of us including Penny, Mal and Moose, went to the last Downtown Farmer's Market of the year.  David got honey, Mal got cuddles from random strangers, Moose got belly rubs from small children and Penny got some great chin scritches from some sweet ladies. 
Then home.  David cleaned kitchen, I made it dirty again.  Loaves of whole wheat bread cool on the counter and three batches later, I think I have the problem figured out with the pretzel rolls.  As soon as I get some more light brown sugar and baking soda, we'll tackle that again.
Thanks to Alec's other side trip, computer repair for Sue, we had Iowa Chops from the grill, warm applesauce and rolls for dinner.  Ummm.....

Sunday rolled around late, I slept in.  Doggone it Turner, made me do it since I had to get up and scream at him to quit whining at 2am--the in-standing-heat-pemmie is right across from him.  Now it's David's turn for a visit to Sue.  After which I determined I need more household insurance.  The other running joke was they were shooting Night at the Museum III - Raiders of the Lost Ark cross over, in the basement.  Sigh.  I sent over some bread, rolls and eggs.
Alec on the other hand, started "grooming school".  My favorite scissors are dull-per Sheila.  So I guess we are in need of purchasing a couple of new pairs as well as another set of blades for the clipper and smaller clippers.  Sigh, look for him showing lambs this fall.
BUT...at the end of the weekend, with not near enough time, I have clean floors on one half of the house, which Click promptly threw up on(grass from the day spent outdoors).  And they will remain clean-everyone in the house knows how to use a broom and mop properly. Clothes hung, whelping kit sorted and repacked with new goodies, several loads of laundry, pictures taken down, rehung else where...

Why can't I have more hours in the day? 

Oh, forgot.  Mal lost his other eyebrow over the weekend.  At least he doesn't look lopsided now. Sigh...

Later gators...
C

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you forr sharing