Friday, October 7, 2011

Got my walkin' shoes on!

Today is October 7th, Iowa's selected day to start getting healthy. And the best way to start? Just by walking out the door, take a little stroll and staying active.

Our office is taking the challenge and will walk at Noon today. 1 km(.62 miles) or an average of 7-10 city blocks.

I routinely walk during my lunch hour or get to work early, park at the top of the parkade, walk down the ramp, then up the stairs. Yesterday's walk around the downtown/trail was a mess because of all the construction downtown from flood repairs and the new federal courthouse. Usual routes are blocked, demo'd or just not repaved. As in your can't get there from here!

Here's the link for today's walk: Healthiest State Initiative There's a chance we could be record setters!

We're also wearing pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Other links: Susan G. Komen and American Cancer Society

For those of you who don't know, I gladly support any research and advances in breast cancer as it can also provide much needed help with other forms of cancer. But you'll more often see me wear purple in support of pancreatic cancer. That's disease that has taken both my grandfather and uncle as well as other members of my mother's family. Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

Photos to follow!

Later gators...
C

No comments: