Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Old souls

Ever heard the saying about someone being an “old soul”? Well, I live with one. And last weekend, dear old David spent time with a good friend of ours and passed the test, so to speak and is now invited to a join in on a Saturday tradition of trading stories, jokes and the like.

Bob is an old AKC and state inspector. He’s been there, done that and is a wealth of information on all things dogs. David went over Friday for coffee and cigars. See Saturday is when all the old dudes from the nursing home come over(Bob’s 84) and most can’t smoke. Seems David pasted muster and was invited back on Saturday. This guy once ran a hunting kennel with over 100 dogs! He has records, pictures, files, you name it, he’s got it. I love talking to him but glad I didn’t go with David—he came home smelling like a smoke shop. And had a very big grin to go right along with it.

More adventures of my Old Soul later.

Later gators…
C

……….11 days and counting till we road trip it! Rather be up top my armpits in garden soil then dog grooming. I am so not ready.

1 comment:

Sherilyn said...

Glad David had a good time. :)