Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

I find it hard to believe that it's 2010. Where in the world did 2009 go? And we are 10 years into the "new millenium"? Can't be. I think this year being a milestone birthday year for me, makes it a little more somber. David and I have done lots of remembering when-70's and those awful clothes, the 80's and the era of the mega bands, 90's and the fall of the wall issueing in a new political scene and 00's-econony, terrorism and just jaw dropping incidents.

I made it to see the drop of the ball in New York last night. Then immediately feel asleep. Watched the Rose Parade, ate waffles, popped open a bottle of fine champagne and have the bayberry candle lit for good luck in the New Year. Oh least I forget the crock pot simmering away with black eyed peas and ham hocks. Ummmmm, I actually look forward to that each year.

Tomorrow, it's pack away the Fenton Christmas Tree forest, take down the glass ornaments off the tree and wait for another season to pass us. I actually can't wait to get a good start on this year's resolutions.

#1 loose some weight and get healthier. With some of my health scares this year, I can't put it off. So clean out the fridge, cook and eat better, lots more exercise and just having a positive outlook on life.

#2 get back to some serious dog training. Moose will have his CD by March. Merlot will have her Rally Novice by April. Claire and I will attempt that darn CDX leg--even if we don't get the CDX, I want to prove to myself that I can compete at that level. SP---no clue what her goal is other then staying alive long enough to finish. She's got a death wish I swear.

#3 Get organized. I'm 1/2 way there! Now to do more pitching and less keeping.

#4 Get the south 1/2 of the house painted-I hate priming ceilings but it will get done.

#5 Get off the grid. Well at least partially. Solar panels, wood heat. There's a few surprises coming up for the FOggy Bottom Farm, but we can't get into those till later in the year :)

#6 Chill---spend more time just having fun.

So with that, I am off to do a few sets of stairs, then pop in a yoga tape. Too cold to take a good walk, that's what the mall is for tomorrow morning, though I wish there was some place that we could walk the dogs as well as ourselves in the winter!

Later gators....
C

No comments: