Sunday, December 27, 2009

Goodbye, dear friend

It's been a hard weekend. With all the joys of the holiday, I was so saddened to have been informed that one of my dearest friends passed away Saturday morning. She made it through the holidays with her family, which I hope, gives them a joyful memory.

This grand lady taught me compassion, love, how to giggle in the middle of 7 inches of rain, and how to make lemonade when God gives you lemons. This world is less one great person.

Kay spent years doing what she loved. That should say something about her spirit. We all could learn from that. She was an advocate for those in need plus a great animal lover. I learn so much from her and I know no one will be able to fill her shoes.

Funny how life works. I haven't been in the kennel club long, just a little over 4 years or so. Kay and I became fast friends and worked together any chance we could. And life? Well, my mom's best friend, Annie, is Kay's sister. Again, small small world.

What I see now is a fullfillment of a promise. Kay spent years working with dogs that no one else wanted or could deal with. Those that she helped to the bridge are waiting there for her, walking across into heaven with her--in perfect heel position? Nah, how about a little dancing!

Thank you Kay, life wouldn't have been the same with out you.

Later gators...
C

3 comments:

Traci said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cindy :(

Sherilyn said...

So sorry for your loss, Cindy. Hugs! Kay can now be in charge of the big dog show in the sky.

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know I will hold you and her family in my thoughts and prayers.