Friday, May 8, 2009

Life, love, happiness

Since I won't be close to the computer much this weekend-let's see painting, gardening, road trip with hubby, I wanted to drop my best wishes to all the mom's out there for a wonderful day! Most people know my opinion on greeting card holidays, but you know, moms of the world deserve this day.

I love the fact that for the last 12 years I haven't had to work on Mother's Day. In the landscape/garden center industry that I was part of for a decade, you worked that day. I always got visits from my kids and a quick lunch with them, but now--it's all about doing what I want-which is usually just having fun.

We celebrate the holiday in many ways-gifts, dinners, trips, but here's the best one for you today---and I know my dog family will love this one~

Brenda who is the senior bookkeeper here, got flowers today. Hint-she's single too. A beautiful arrangement....from her dog :0) The card--"Life would be ruff without you." Syd, her dog, is a rescue with lots of medical issues. Don't you all wish we had friends like that--I know I do and you know who you are!

A few quotes on life, love and friendship for the weekend...........


Brother David Steindl-Rast :
Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more.

Elbert Hubbard:
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

George Washington Carver:
How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.

Matthew Arnold:
Is it so small a thing
To have enjoy'd the sun,
To have lived light in the spring,
To have loved, to have thought, to have done...

Oscar Wilde:
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

haha--love this one..........
Tom Lehrer:
Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

Leo Buscaglia:
What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.

Lao Tzu:
When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.

Franklin D. Roosevelt:
Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

One of my favorite women of all times:

Eleanor Roosevelt:
I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.

Arthur Rubinstein:
Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.

Bertrand Russell:
The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.


Later gators......
C

3 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Nice post!! :) Happy Mother's Day to all!

See you later tonight...we're looking forward to this weekend!

Hugs!
S

penni said...

A wonderful collection of good thoughts. Thank you so much

coopercreek said...

Happy Mother's Day back atcha!