Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ugly and 3 days and counting!!!

As I sit here typing, it's sunny, still colder then you know what, but at least I can get my required sunshine time it. And we are awaiting a nasty storm. Predicted to hit here around 2-3pm, with, get this--either 6-12 inches of snow or up to an inch of ICE?? Or something right inbetween it. I can't believe it!

I have the generator ready to rock in case power goes out. Stocked up on the needed supplies-Milk for the Miss, cold cuts, baking supplies, and enough junk to feed the returning college student. Yes he's due in today sometime, needless to say the conversation last night was " get your hinnie home early and don't mess around". Hope he heeds my words.

Looks like it's the last day for the schools too. Actually tomorrow is supposed to be but I bet they cancel school. I made the required apple crisp for the Pow Wow the 5th graders are having, ran my errands-shavings for the stall, straw for the ducks, and clemintines for the big kids.

It's been so busy here that I haven't had a moment to ask my alotted questions. House sitting for my mom, Therapy Dog visits with a Grumpy Moose(he's still po'd about getting left at home while the puppy got to go to the show this weekend) and doing a dog food run. So here it goes:

It's the same size as a bread box-right now. It's not blue or pink but black and white. Ha ha-is it read all over?? Haha, old kid's joke and not one of my questions! Knowing that I'm having our Christmas Dinner with Rus, Sherilyn and Bekka this weekend-barring weather, I beat you and I know what it is!! Tell you what, photos on Sunday when we get home.

Back to baking while I wait to go pick up the town folk from school and work. Still bright and sunny, but just got a gut feeling that this could be a wild ride tonight.

Keep warm and safe!

Later gators.....
C

1 comment:

Sherilyn said...

I bet you are right! :)

See you Sunday, as long as we aren't iced in...yuck!!

Stay warm and safe, too!

Hugs,
Sherilyn