Thursday, October 2, 2008

Please don't feed the dust bunnies!



I sat on my butt last night and looked around the house. Yes there is a cobweb in the corner. And yes the Boyd's Mooses need a serious dusting. But I also saw a dollhouse all set up - all over the living room-ready for the next day's play. I saw a dog drapped over a lap receiving a welcome pet on the head. The floors are not swept, dust bunnies are multipling at an astounding rate and the sink has dirty dishes in it. But our stomachs are full with a well done meal, our hearts are warm with the knowledge of a house full of love and we rest our heads at night with the comfort of a new day.


The fridge is covered in art work, magnets and notes from school. I'm actually not sure if there really is a fridge under there anymore. The bed is unmade but a happy child and a dog wrestle in the covers and make tents for sleeping.


I would rather have an house in chaos with love overflowing, then one in order and not a sign of love around.



~~A clean house is the sign of a wasted life.

~~Remember a house becomes a home when you can write " I love you " on the furniture.


A few more points to ponder:





Two of my favorites....



Housework can wait,

my children need kisses.

They want me to play,

I'll put off the dishes.

When they're grown,

I'll keep the house spic 'n' span...

But children grow fast so I'll play while I can.

~~Leslie Prest


Babies Don't Keep

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow.

For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs...dust go to sleep,

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~~Unknown


Later gators...

C

3 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Amen!!

Cindy said...

I think I need a dog named Dust Bunny ;0)

Rose said...

I have never heard that first one, but sure said that last one enough times when my girls were small. It si so true.