Monday, June 27, 2011

A road less traveled

On my way into work this morning, I noticed some new road signs up along the highway. They followed me into town too!


There's even a "loop" that you can take that goes around on the original old road, goes right by my parent's place. Markers are up on the Old Hwy 30 area where the first paved mile is preserved(not the pavement, the just that stretch of road).


We like to take a road less traveled when we road trip it. Might I suggest that on your next one? How about this trip....


It's a great day trip along the Might Mississippi-great views, great people and lovely little towns that you miss other wise. You can go on either side-Wisconsin, Illinois, or Iowa.


I'm a little sentimental yet today. Thinking about the past, the roads Clairee and I and well, the whole family traveled together. I haven't had my break down yet. Inhaled a bottle of wine Saturday night when we got home.


Anyway, if you get a chance, take the long way in life, it's so much more fun and the memories last forever.


Later gators...
C

No comments: