Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Fling

Sun is out. Dogs and kids are bored. Bristol is on a rain delay. David's working on our taxes. Time to go for a walk, or in Pete's case--as few swims.


Pete doesn't just go to the creek to play, she goes for the swimming.


The intrepid explorers with the tools of the trade-bucket, fish net and stick. Time to stock the duck pond with more minnows. Today they came home with some bullheads, several large fish and minnows and a HUGE crawdad carcass. For those of you who haven't been to our place, the upper left hand corner is the house and barn or part of it.



This one cracked me up. I usually can't get good action shots of the dogs, but this one caught Pete in a moment of glee. Man that was really a good spot to roll.

And guys, you can explain why Moose looks a little uncomfortable as he went across the creek. The water is very cold, especially with all the melted snow from yesterday's storm.



Ah, there's my Moosie man. Wish I could have caught him on level ground so he doesn't look high in the rear, but he does strike a pose for the camera. Needed something with a little more class after the first one in the creek.


Pete, swimming, again.


Just a little bit of foot traffic on the beach. Dog, kid, coon, goose, heron, otter, mink and a few that I didn't id.


Oh, Pete, Oh Peterman. She does strike a pose. You know, I'm the first to admit that she is not perfect. Far from it. But she's also not that bad. I'm still on the fence about keeping her. You know how sometimes you have these high hopes about a dog? This one I don't and it's kind of a relief. She may or may not finish, no biggy. I can go in the ring with her and just play, have fun and enjoy it without any pressure. There are moments I go"what was I thinking?" Then there are times like this when she's trotting around and her movement is OMG. Or when she strikes a pose like these. Then there are the other times when you get her aunt's and cousin's-WHAT?? look. Eeks, that's just trouble.





I couldn't really get the Red Man to stop long enough for good photo. So most of Frankie is either on his back rolling or I got his butt. Oh and that's Pete in mid roll as she went off the bank-almost landed in the creek, again. Anyway, Frankie has said it before, his contract stated after he finished, he didn't have to pose for photos, go back in the ring or make any effort to stay beautiful. Diva dog, if you can call a boy that.



The weekend went by way too fast. At least the 7 day forecast doesn't contain that four letter word-snow, but it does have the other one-rain. Meredith has suggested that next weekend we plan on having a picinic at the creek and I'm hoping that we can. But that's after we get our taxes taken in to the tax man, move Ellie and Ian to their new apartment, work on fence repairs now that the snow is out of the pasture and hope that the front yard is dry enough to do the finish grade and seeding that we didn't get done last fall. I'm tired of muddy paws!

Ah yes spring is here and I'm ready for it.

Later gators....
C

1 comment:

ClassyChassy said...

That looks like such a fun day! Muddy, but big fun! Corgis are the best, aren't they? I have Pems, but love Cardis as well!