Thursday, June 11, 2009

Walk downtown

Promised myself that I would start taking a camera with me as I walk around during lunch. So for the first of the photos. I'm going to try to get some of the flood recovery, then the eateries(some great food down here), the sculptures and of course, the people!


The City of Cedar Rapids is holding events this week to mark the flood of 08. Happened for 6 days last year from June 6th to the 12th when the water crested. I'll mark some of the water levels tomorrow. Anyway, in Greene Square Park is a musical event they are calling FloodStock 09, with proceeds to go to the flood recovery. They hired a sand artist to do this huge sculpture in the park and he's been working on it all week long.

We have been taking walks during the day down the block to watch the artist at work. He's awesome to watch. We especially loved his singing catfish - notice the detail and well, how well endowed the one is:0)



No comments: